Welcome to a new year, new decade, and new awareness. In this unique experiential residency, leaders will come together to rejuvenate and immerse in dynamic learning and growing. Together we will examine the top issues and problems the TANF and CalWORKS Directors and Managers are facing every day, and explore strengths-based solutions that can build momentum toward sustainable community, wellness, and growth.
Working together for this four-day, three-night residency, we will cultivate a safe space to share authentically, work deeply, and produce results faster than is reasonable during a typical training. We will create our own tribal community to assimilate and apply our learning to our respective workforce programs.
We will focus on the following learning objectives:
- Identify economic barriers challenging our local, regional and national communities.
- Define program success and diverse opportunities to achieve it.
- Shift perspective to human-centered design for better self-sufficiency outcomes.
- Cultivate healthy work, home and community environments and relationships.
- Discover new work models including virtual/remote opportunities and entrepreneurship basics to open career possibilities that offer solutions to geographic barriers.
- Discover our relationship to Native land & nature and explore ways to connect the wellbeing of creation into everyday work & life.
- Recognize resilience and empower others to access and appreciate their own.
- Access strength to become all we are meant to be and empower others to do the same.
- Grow an engaged, connected, safe leadership community full of support and wisdom.
- Learn how strengths based approach to training and placements leads to higher wages, retention, and career advancements.
This extraordinary retreat is led by a quartet of powerful guides. Together Sam, Lisa-Michelle, Jamie and Jen facilitate a transformative experience to rejuvenate and empower leaders.
What You Can Expect
- Share and learn best practices from your colleagues through a strength-based approach.
- Exposure to innovative workforce and career exploration solutions that expand your vision of what's possible.
- Ample time to glean from one another, build relationships, and work through the implementation of new practices at your workforce locations.
- Effective communication approaches that support partnership with clients and do not hinder, but instead promote self-sufficiency.
- Interact with those who were served through models we will be sharing and one who came through Tribal TANF. You will witness their success as the very people our programs are intended to serve as they guide us through the residency experience.
- Unconscious bias will be exposed and you will be renewed with hope and vision for your respective communities. You will be better equipped to lead your staff, your programs, and create success.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I register?
How do I get to the Retreat Center?
What are Shared Accomodations?
May I stay offsite?
May I extend my stay?
What should I pack?
Who do I contact with questions?
Can't make this Residency?
Interested but you have a different role than this Residency serves?
Legit You and The Jenerator host a variety of events, retreats, and residencies to meet your needs.
Yes, please notify me about future opportunities!
Simply email us and be sure to give us the best way to reach you, by email or phone, and we will get back to you as soon as possible.